2. What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information about you:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- age or birth date;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us through our website; and
- any other information that you provide to us in person, including over the telephone, by email, at our offices or during your dealings with our representatives.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- via e-mail, in person, by mail or by fax; or
- over the telephone or during conversations between you and our representatives.
4. What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide you with vehicle broking services or any other products or services that we offer from time to time;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about vehicles that you are interested in or any other products or services that we offer from time to time, including information about special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
5. For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service to you. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with vehicle procurement services and other products and services that we may offer from time to time;
- to provide you with news, information or advice about our vehicle procurement services and any other existing and new products and services that we may offer from time to time;
- to communicate with you including by email, mail or telephone;
- to personalise and customise your experience with us, including your experience using our website;
- to share your information within Stratton Finance Pty Ltd (including with our related bodies corporate and franchisees), so that our other divisions and businesses may also contact you or offer you complementary or other products and services;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about vehicles that you are interested in and any other existing and new products and services that we may offer from time to time;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of our website and to improve the operation of our website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of us and our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to assist the performance of, and to improve, any marketing and advertising campaigns that we conduct;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
Your personal information will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described in this policy.
6. Who do we disclose your information to our partners ?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our related bodies corporate, including (without limitation) Financing & Co Pty Ltd (ABN 40 610 054 610)
- to any vehicle dealerships and the private sellers of vehicles in connection with the sale or purchase of a vehicle (including in connection with the issuing of any invoices);
- to any financiers or insurers connected with the sale or purchase of a vehicle;
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
7. Marketing campaigns
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services (or those of our related bodies corporate) that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. If we do commence sending any direct marketing to you, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
8. Security & data quality
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date and, in relation to the purpose of our use or disclosure, relevant. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or where we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
We store your information on hardcopy and electronic form (including in various databases). These monitored and protected by various controls around technology and our organisational processes. Protecting your information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
9. Contacting us
If you have any questions about this policy, any concerns or a complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy or a possible breach of your privacy, please use the contact link on our website or contact our Compliance Officer using the details set out below. We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially.
One off our Senior team members will contact you within 48 hours unless it is the weekend, after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and hopefully we can have it resolved for you.
You can contact us either by mail or phone:
Ground Floor 71 Victoria Road, Rozelle NSW 2039
Telephone: 1300 009 899